First of all, how awesome am I to have found this picture of Steve Perry to use with one of my summer posts? This, ladies and gentleman, is the power of the internets: just type in a phrase and you're sure to find some sort of picture to match with what you typed. In this case, "steve perry summer" in Google Images did not disappoint.
Secondly, I wanted to get at least one post in before I leave tomorrow on work bidness and am out of operation for a few days. And so, with summer just around the corner, I present to you a few tips on how to "Steve-Up" your summer:
1. Make a Journey playlist to play while you're out at the beach. And driving to the beach. And coming back from the beach...
2. Hot? Cool down with some Perry Pops: http://sweetmary.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/07/perry-pops.html
3. The band is touring this summer. Even though Steve won't be with them, Arnel sounds close enough that you can just close your eyes and imagine it's Steve: http://www.journeymusic.com/pages/tour
4. Craft time! Create an iron-on transfer of a picture of Steve and make a custom beach towel! http://h20219.www2.hp.com/hho/cache/344461-0-0-225-121.html
5. Barbeque, a la Steve (see accompanying picture)
6. Create a Journey trivia game, and have your friends over for some friendly competition.
7. JOURNEY KARAOKE
Okay, since my co-workers are hell-bent on making me be productive, I have to go. These are just a handful to get you started. If anybody else has tips to add, feel free to leave a comment!
Edit: Okay, let's see how this works out. If anybody has tried or is planning to try any of the tips listed in this post and in the readers' comments, or has their own Steve Perry summer tradition and wants to share with the rest of us, please email photos, recipies, etc. to email@example.com. Put something that references Steve Perry, this blog, or Journey in the subject line, just so I won't confuse it with spam and delete it. And include some sort of identifer so I can credit you when I post your submission. You don't have to give out your full name or any sort of personal information, but either a first name, nickname, whatever, so I can credit you.